Friends of Sustainability
Each class from Years 1- 6 will have one student representative that will be part of the ‘Friends of Sustainability’ Team. This position will last for one semester.
In this role you will be expected to:
- attend weekly meetings
- empty classroom recycle bin at least once a week
- maintain and care for the OLGC garden boxes
- be the class ‘Energy Monitor’. This requires you to ensure all lights and IWB’s are turned off when everyone leaves the classroom. You will also need to make sure your door is closed to keep in the cool air from air conditioners or the warmth from the heaters in
- be prepared to share information about sustainability issues and topics with the class
- lead your class in activities that raise awareness about sustainability issues
- bring a positive attitude about being a Steward of Creation!
It’s hiding in the rocks you don’t know where
Or underneath the ground somewhere down there
A sprinkle or a sparkle in the stream
A tiny little twinkle’s all I need
You better grab it fast
It’s never gonna last
You better keep a moving on before the day is past
I’ve finally got my chance
I’ll grab it with both hands
I’ll never wait or hesitate
You won’t get lucky if you’re late
It’s trickling down the rivers
Running down the streams
And if somebody finds some hear them scream!